Hypoestes, Pink Polka Dot Flower Seeds - Heirloom Seeds
Hypoestes Pink Polka Dot is a great choice to mix in with other foliage plants in the shade. Its pink will sure stand out amongst other plants and give your beds a unique look.
Pink Polka Dot will give months of color and enjoyment in the house too! Sow Polka Dot plant seeds indoors 4 - 6 weeks before frost season has passed. Use well-draining potting soil and gently press Hypoestes seeds into the soil.
Covering with plastic wrap to hold in heat and moisture is helpful. Pink Polka Dot plants tend to get leggy, so do not hesitate to pinch them back to encourage a more compact plant. Grow as a perennial houseplant or an annual outdoor plant in zones 3 to 8. May grow as a perennial in USDA zone 9.
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 9 - 10
- Height: 8 - 12 inches
- Bloom Season: Insignificant
- Foliage Color: Dark Green w/ Pink
- Environment: Partial shade to full shade
- Soil Type: Moist, well-drained
- Latin Name: Hypoestes Sanguinolenta
- Temperature: 65F
- Average Germ Time: 7 - 14 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Do not cover the seed but press into the soil
- Sowing Rate: 8 - 10 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seed moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 - 16 inches