True Potato Seeds - Organic TPS Purple Red Yellow Color Mix Potato Berry
These are TPS true potato seeds, actual seeds not tubers.
This mix can give you a wide variety of different colored skin and flesh. Growing your own new unique potato variety from true seeds is very rewarding.
Growing from TPS gives you disease-free tubers for your garden. Name your unique tubers as each seed grows a new variety of potatoes.
TPS seeds can store for a very long time compared to other seeds. Up to 30 years with good storage practices.
- Sow potato seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before the expected last frost.
- Sow seeds and cover lightly with potting mix. Keep moist while germinating.
- Once they sprout, water only when dry. They do not like to be moist constantly.
- Grown under grow lights for best results indoors.
- The seedlings are small, you will need to transplant them at least once after the first set of true leaves form.
- Bury stems up to top leaves like tomato plants. The stems get more roots and stronger once you transplant them.
- Transplant outside when the risk of frost has passed. Grown organically.
You can find good information online on how to grow from true seeds. There are groups online that you can join to learn more about growing from true seeds from experienced growers.
Many of these plants will be fertile and can form berries on top of your plants to collect your own TPS.
Most commercial potato varieties are sterile and can not grow berries to get TPS. Sold only in the USA. This listing is for approx. 60 plus true potato seeds, not tubers.