This Orange Carnation variety is bi-colored bringing both orange and cream together to create a lovely sherbet-like appearance.
Start Orange Carnation seeds indoors 10 - 12 weeks before the last frost, planting 2 - 3 flower seeds per pot or cell. Cover the Carnation seeds with no more than 1/16 inch of soil and keep the seeds moist until germination.
Move seedlings to a cool, bright place to continue growing, then harden the Carnation plants off in the garden a week or two before the last frost. Where winters are mild, Carnation seeds may be planted outdoors spring through early fall. Removing spent flowers encourages continued blooming.
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 6 - 10
- Height: 24 inches
- Bloom Season: Late spring through mid-summer
- Bloom Color: Orange
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.6 - 7.8
- Temperature: 68 - 75F
- Average Germ Time: 7 - 14 days
- Light Required: No
- Depth: Sow seeds 1/16th inch deep
- Sowing Rate: 2 - 3 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 - 18 inches
Quantity: 50 Seeds