Poppy Pepperbox (Papaver Somniferum Pepperbox)
Bring some romance and charm to your garden! This variety blooms in shades of pinks, purples, and lilacs, and some of the petals are fringed and others smooth to provide a beautiful display.
Once the flowers are spent, these Poppies are known for their nutty-flavored seeds that can be left to ripen and used in baking. Leave the pods to ripen and collect them at the end of the season for kitchen use.
Growing Poppies from seed is so rewarding. Create a beautiful display with these flower seeds!
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 24 - 36 inches
- Bloom Season: Midsummer to early fall
- Bloom Color: Mix
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained soil, pH 6.1 - 7.5
- Temperature: 60F
- Average Germ Time: 7 - 14 days
- Light Required: No
- Depth: 1/16 - 1/8 inch deep
- Sowing Rate: 5 - 6 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 - 18 inches