2 Lbs. Pensacola Bahia Grass Seeds - Premium Grade
A Kaleidoscope of Blooms to Enrich Your Garden!
Used widely in the Southeast for roadside grassing and pastures. It can be planted further north in the Southern States because it can withstand cooler soil temperatures. Commercially available from seed and sod suppliers. but typically, seeds are used to plant.
Pensacola Bahia seed is offered as non-certified seed; therefore, to ensure that you get high-quality seeds, purchase from a reliable source. In general, Florida-grown seed is of greater quality than seed from other states. This is as a result of Florida-grown seeds having fewer "objectionable" weeds.
More acres are dedicated to the cultivation and planting of Pensacola Bahia grass than to any other variety. Since its discovery in 1935 by Ed Finlayson of the Escambia County Extension Service, it has been developed on many million acres of roadways, lawns, pastures, fodder, and conservation lands in the southern states of the United States.
Pensacola boasts tall, thin (narrow) leaves and a deep root system that reaches depths of seven to ten feet. Pensacola may be cultivated farther northward and in the transition zone since it is more cold-tolerant than the other Bahia varieties.
"Mild frost" normally kills top growth, but warm weather speeds up its recovery. Compared to other Bahia kinds, the Pensacola cultivar yields better fodder growth in the early and late seasons in cooler climates.
- Season of Interest: Late spring to early fall, offering a prolonged period of visual delight with vibrant blooms.
- Cultivating Difficulty: Easy, suitable for gardeners of all skill levels, providing an accessible and rewarding gardening experience.
- Planting Time: Spring, ensuring optimal conditions for robust growth and an extended flowering season.
- Type: Annual, ensuring a burst of color and vitality for a single growing season.
- Growth Habit: Upright and bushy, presenting an attractive display of foliage and blooms.
- Soil pH: Prefers slightly acidic to neutral soil and is adaptable to a variety of pH levels.
- Soil Type: Versatile, suitable for well-drained garden beds or containers, providing flexibility in gardening setups.
- Features: a diverse mix showcasing a rich array of colors, captivating with its Pacific Beauty variety and large, vivid blooms.
- Color: A vibrant palette spanning sunny yellows, oranges, and soft creams enhances the visual appeal of any garden.
- Sunlight: Thrives in full sun to partial shade, ensuring optimal growth and blooming potential.
- Genus: Calendula.
- Life Cycle: Annual, providing a season-long display of color and beauty.
- Watering: Moderate watering means maintaining consistently moist soil during the growing season for optimal performance while avoiding waterlogging.