Blue Moon Aster Callistephus Pompon 2 Tone Flower Seeds
The huge pompon blooms of the Blue Moon Aster measure a full 2 - 3” wide! They make an excellent cut flower and with all of the lovely colors they come in, you won’t even need anything else for your bouquet. Butterflies love these too! Blue Moon has a long bloom period and the compact plants are absolutely covered in the large, showy flowers for a very stunning effect!
Aster Pompon Blue is an annual so it grows quickly from Aster seeds. It is easy and fast to grow in a sunny garden and does best in moist, well-drained soil.
Pompon Blue is wilt-tolerant, but all Asters do better if grown in different soil each year, so for subsequent plantings, change the location a bit. Deadhead Aster flowers to extend the bloom season even longer and keep the flowers coming back.
Start Aster seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before the last expected frost. Press the flowers to seed into the soil and lightly cover it. Transplant Aster plants outdoors after frost danger has passed.
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 20 inches
- Bloom Season: Early summer to early fall
- Bloom Color: Dark blue w/ white center
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, rich, deep, light soil, pH 5.5 - 6.5
- Temperature: 60 - 70F
- Average Germ Time: 7 - 21 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Cover seed with topsoil thinly after sowing
- Sowing Rate: 3 - 5 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep soil slightly moist but not wet
- Plant Spacing: 9 - 12 inches
Quantity: 50 Seeds