Starting the Aster seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before the end of the frost season. The flower seeds should be gently pressed into the soil and covered lightly.
Keep the Aster seeds moist until germination occurs. Transplant the young Aster plants into the garden in full sun to partial shade location.
Aster will definitely attract lots of attention as they are tall with large, double blooms that are incredibly showy.
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 30 inches
- Bloom Season: Midsummer to fall
- Bloom Color: Red
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, rich, deep, light soil, pH 6.0 - 6.5
- Temperature: 60 - 70F
- Average Germ Time: 7 - 21 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Cover seed with topsoil thinly after sowing
- Sowing Rate: 3 - 5 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep soil slightly moist but not wet
- Plant Spacing: 18 inches