Red Gaillardia - Pulchella - Sundance Seeds
Gaillardia Sundance likes hot, sunny areas. It also needs good drainage as soggy soil will cause root rot in winter. This Gaillardia Blanket Flower is a drought-tolerant flower.
This Gaillardia Blanket Flower grows 10 inches tall. deep red, fluffy flowers emerge in the heat of the summer and stand well above the simple foliage. Gaillardia showy flowers are attractive to butterflies and command attention in the landscape.
Gaillardia flowers measure about 2 inches across when in full bloom. Gaillardia Sundance looks especially good when planted in mass in full sun.
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 10
- Height: 10 inches
- Bloom Season: Summer and fall
- Bloom Color: Red
- Environment: Full sun
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.2 - 7.2
- Temperature: 70F
- Average Germ Time: 14 - 21 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Seeds must be covered thinly, no more than the thickness of the seed
- Sowing Rate: 2 - 3 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 14 - 18 inches